1. The Association shall be known as the Stour and Avon
Photographic Association or SAPA.
2. The objects of the Association shall be to promote co-operation
between Member Clubs and to further the interests of photography through
the mutual contribution of effort and inter-club activities.
3. Any Photographic Club, situated generally within the area of the
Stour and Avon rivers shall be eligible for membership, subject to the
approval of the Association.
4. The Officers of the Association shall consist of a Chairman,
Vice Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, and Competition Secretary, to be elected
by a majority vote at an Annual General Meeting. All officers are
eligible for re-election each year with the exception of the Chairman who
shall not serve for more than two years consecutively.
5. The affairs of the Association shall be conducted by the
Officers and a committee consisting of representatives, one appointed by each
Member Club. Such representatives shall preferably be an Officer of the
Club or at least a full committee member empowered to effect policies of
the Club. At any Committee Meeting, AGM or Special Meeting there
shall be one vote per Club represented.
6. The AGM shall be held in April each year.
7. The Secretary shall keep minutes and conduct the correspondence
of the Association. The Competition Secretary shall coordinate the
SAPA League and other Competitions and record these
proceedings. The Treasurer shall keep the required books and accounts for
each year ending 31st January. The accounts shall be audited by two
voting members or an independent examiner appointed at a meeting prior
to the AGM. These audited accounts shall be presented at the AGM.
Authority for signing cheques shall be delegated by the Committee, to
include the Treasurer and at least one other officer.
8. At committee meetings, AGM's and Special Meetings a minimum
representation of 50% of the total paid-up Clubs within the Association
including two officers shall form a quorum.
9. For a proposal or motion to become effective there must be a
simple majority vote in favour. The annual membership subscription
shall be fixed at the AGM each year and becomes payable forthwith. The
membership of any Club whose subscription is outstanding by the end of
the following December may be deemed to have lapsed.
10. A Special Meeting shall only be convened on a requisition signed
by a least four Member Clubs. The Secretary shall be informed in
writing of the proposals setting out the objects and giving at least 42
daysí notice. All Member Clubs shall be notified of the proposals at least 28
days before the proposed date of the meeting.
11. Alterations or amendments to the Constitution of the Association
may only be agreed at an AGM or at a Special Meeting. Proposals
affecting the Constitution shall be submitted in writing to the Secretary
setting out the objects and giving at least 42 daysí notice. All Member
Clubs shall be notified of the proposals at least 28 days in advance of the AGM
or Special Meeting.
12. A Member Club may only be expelled or asked to resign from
the Association at the decision of the Committee. The Committee can
request a representative of a Member Club to appear before it,
provided that where any accusation or charge is made, the Member Club
shall be given full and reasonable opportunity to put forward a defence
and bring witnesses at a specially convened meeting of the
Committee. Any Member Club expelled or asked to resign shall have the right
of appeal to a special general meeting called for this purpose. The
proceedings of these special committee meetings and special general
meetings shall be treated as privileged and confidential.
13. Membership of the Association implies the acceptance of the
Constitution and Rules.
14. Rules governing all Association proceedings and competitions
shall be approved by the Committee.
15. On all matters not covered by the Constitution the decision of
the Committee shall be final.